Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Summer has Arrived!

So, today is day number 3 in the Summer Break from school. Who wants 4 children for a week...any takers?! Just kidding! We are doing great! Today is a field trip day with only one errand to run so the Boys should all be happy. For the past two days we've had errands and grocery shopping to do so the only bright spot was Toys R Us and the fun summer stuff we "HAD to get"!

School ended well...I am now the proud Mother of a 3rd grader and a 1st grader. We spent the afternoon of the last day at Nadine's and the kids played in the pool. So did the Moms, but you won't see OUR pictures on here!!
Here's Reece, Katelyn and Madison S. having fun jumping in. Next time I will zoom in more and take more pictures. Oh! Here's Alyssa too! We had a great time and it wore the kids out, so it was a win-win situation for everyone!



After swimming, we had a ritual of sorts. Harry got his first haircut...sniff, sniff. I had to hold him and it broke my heart to see his babyhood snipped away!! Here are before, during and after pictures.
We (meaning the Boys) go to Offsides Haircuts in Greer and it is perfect! They only cut Boy's/Men's hair so they are all about function and not frou frou which works great for us! Each station has a TV with a bazillion channels to choose from so grown up Boys can watch SportsCenter and little Boys can watch SpongeBob (which is my most hated cartoon of all, by the way) or any other show in between. I had to hold Harry's bottle for him so he would sit still since Man cannot be still by cartoons alone! I brought home a lock of hair and tied it in a ribbon...it's all I have left of Baby Harry. :o(

Friday night we headed to Spartanburg for dinner with my brother for the last time for quite a while. He and Debbie will be moving to Egypt in a couple of weeks and so this was a farewell of sorts. We took lots of pictures, but selfishly this is my favorite. Jeff and I rarely have a picture of just the two of us...it usually has at least one child in it and so I love this one. Mom, I will email it to you separately. The group one that was taken with my camera turned out fuzzy (that's all my camera will do, right Rick?!) so when I get the good one from my sister-in-law, Lisa, I will post that one. My Dad and Lisa, Rick, Halleigh and Sam all joined us and we ended the night by heading to the Red Dot store-Target, not the ABC store-since Egypt doesn't have any of those!! Here's another picture from the night of Debbie and Halleigh. We will miss them lots and I promise to TRY not to call in the middle of your night, Jeff and Debbie! It'll take a while to get used to the time difference.


Here is a picture I wanted to share. As we get ready to celebrate Father's Day, I wanted to pull a favorite picture of Rhett and the Boys out. I love this one and it's relatively new...3 weeks old I think. There's only a week and a half til Father's Day...so Moms out there, remember that even if he's not YOUR father, he is the father of your children! Don't wait! Start planning for the day now!! He will be the role model for which your son's father their own children one day! Celebrate him! We can't wait for Father's Day!!
So, my CHOOSE JOY coffee cup is empty so I guess it's time to start the day. We are breakfasting with Nadine, Katelyn and Luke and then painting pottery for our first Field Trip of the summer!
Hope you MAKE it a great day!!
Until Next Time, I'm Fondly Yours,
Jeanne
Camp Counselor Extraordinaire!

No comments: