Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Stephanie and Stitch

So, as if we didn't have enough excitement in the Brown homehold (I like how that sounds better than HOUSEhold, so I made it up), we got 2 new pets tonight. Our friend from church, Scott Greene, has been talking to the Boys about taking these pets so they will get more attention and love. In the beginning, I wouldn't hear of it. I cut the conversation off with Rhett as soon as it started. That was about 3 weeks ago. Sunday I told Rhett he could go look at them and see what he thought. Tonight he went to Scott and Vickie's and came home with Ethyl and Monty. We renamed them Stephanie and Stitch. See if their new names fit them, in your opinion. Here they are.


This is Stephanie, our new ball python. When Logan and I were talking about the name he said, "Like OUR Aunt Stephanie?". "Yes," I told him, "like our Aunt Stephanie" (you remember her...we worked together at the Marriott and now she works for Soby's). When I sent her a picture of her namesake she called me and said "Thank You, I think." It is not that she is like a sneaky snake, it's that we love her and her name starts with a S and sounds good with "the Snake" as in Stephanie the Snake! Aunt Stephanie said, "That's cool, kind of." I don't think she knows what to think about it, but she's the godmother to the snake so she better hurry on over and bond with her!!


Here is Stitch, our other ball python, with Rhett. For the record, I was holding Stephanie in her picture above!


Reece and Garett chose Stitch's name and I think it fits nicely...it goes well with "the snake".

Here are some more pictures we took.






It took me a while to touch them and a while longer to hold them, but I did it! I had a little anxiety when she curled around my arm and started squeezing, but she was just moving. They are both very docile and although they aren't cuddly, I think they will make wonderful pets for the Boys. They aren't allowed to get them out by themselves and I have told them that if they drop one of the snakes that they will be left in the house alone because I am leaving. I can hold it, that's not a problem, but if they get down and I'm not in control...that's when I'll freak. But I did hold both of them (and I can tell the difference between the two) and I have welcomed them into our family.

Call us and come by and see them! It'll be fun!

For now, I'm Fondly Yours,

Jeanne

Mother to Reece, Garett, Logan Harry, Chloe the Dog and Stephanie and Stitch the Snakes

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU DID WHAT!!!

Just kidding. they look very nice. Rita

Anonymous said...

Glad to see my girls are being cared for. Just letb me know if you have any questions and I expect a full report each week.
Scott

The Brighter Side of Things said...

Well, I wanted to wait a few days and see how things are going. You are so special to take in two new kids like that. Are they getting settled in and becoming a part of the family?

Jeanne said...

Yes, Mark...they are doing quite well...I think! We have a couple of weeks til we have to feed them so I think I (I mean they!) will be good til then! Scott said he would come and help and I am VERY happy for that!

You did a grat job this morning, btw!