Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Father's Day

Okay, so I'm catching up a little. Sunday was Father's Day. The day to celebrate the Fathers in your life. I helped organize Doughnuts for Dad at church so I thought I'd share some of the pictures I took...starting with my favorite Father (no offense to the other Dads represented here!).

Logan, Reece, Garett (I must apologize for his full mouth), Rhett and Harry



Brad, Brady and Hannah




Samuel, Caroline, Trey and Meredith




Our Pastor, Cliff, and his daughters Grace and Emily





Steve's Doughnut, Greg, Steve and Kent

This last picture isn't a Father, but one day he may be a Father! Garett took the camera for a while and went off to take his own pictures. Here is another picture of Kent...Garett loves closeups...and Kent! Every week Garett uses Kent and his brother Greg as jungle gyms. He loves to climb all over them and get piggy backs from them. Kent is home from USC for the summer and Greg just graduated and will be at Clemson in the fall. I don't know what Bug will do without them! Anyway, here is Garett's portrait of Kent.


Doughnuts for Dad was a success! I think the Dads all felt appreciated. There were alot there so that was good.

After church , Rhett wanted all of us to go to the movies so we did...even Harry. We went to see Kung Fu Panda. It was cute...except now the Boys think they can "Kung Fu" each other. Not so good. Harry did great...okay, that's stretching it...Harry did good and seemed to enjoy what he saw of the movie.

We had gone out to eat Saturday since we knew everything would be covered up on Sunday. Rhett chose Mimi's Cafe. We love that restaurant. Mike Glass introduced me to it a couple of years ago and I introduced Rhett to it in Atlanta in April. Everything is good there (I LOVE the fried pickles!) and the Boys eat well so it's a win/win situation!

All in all we had a good weekend. I hope that this year I appreciate Rhett more for everything, but most of all for being the "Working Dad" so I can be the "Stay At Home Mom" which I'm not really. He needs to get a second job just to keep my Mommymobile filled with gas---are these prices CRAZY or what?!?! Anywho, remember to thank your Dads and Dads of your Children for all that they do. I know they will appreciate it.

When I was little, I asked my Dad if I could eat sideburns. I don't know the reason why I asked that but I did... and I asked it alot! Daddy, thank you for your patience in my asking you that question over and over and over. It is a happy memory I share with you. I love you.

Until Next Time, I Am Fondly Yours,

Jeanne

Daughter of Larry and Wife of Rhett

No comments: