Wednesday, June 11, 2008

And What a Week it has Been!!

Where in the world do I start? How about with the event that most shook my world up this past week. Last Thursday, Rhett fell at work. He had just come down from the 3rd story of the house they are building and slipped coming down the ladder backwards from the platform-6 feet in the air. His foot slid between the top rung of the ladder and the platform and there he hung-unable to touch the ground. Luckily a couple of the workers came running and held him up so he could untangle his leg and got him down since he was still 6 feet up. The paramedics came and checked him out and said that it's not broken, but it's taking a long time to heal. It's still swelling every day and there is lots of bruising and it's ugly where his leg caught. Here is a picture of where it caught-above the top step and below the numbers. He has been a model patient, but I know he is ready to be up to speed with life. No one can figure out how he didn't break his leg...but I have it all figured out. It was a miracle. No doubt whatsoever. That's the ONLY explanation. Thank you SO much to Amanda @ SSI for asking Rhett to come in so she could look at his leg and giving him information on how to speed up the healing process. You are a lifesaver!! :o)




After that excitement, it was time for Reece and Garett's Birthday party on Saturday. Yes, their birthdays are in December and January, but they were tired of indoor parties and so we waited til now to have a pool party at Nadine and Mark's. The day was hot and sunny and the kids (all 20 0f them!)had a GREAT time! Here are a couple of pictures.


Left to right we have Reece and Madison C., Katelyn and Amaris and Camden.


Here's Dawson and Reece....and Aunt Lisa wishing the Boys Happy Birthday!! I promise that Garett , Harry and Logan were there...too many pictures, too little space! What a great time we had! Thank you again, Nadine! :o)


Reece drew this picture this week and I though he did a great job so I wanted to share it with you. He's very talented, when he wants to put his attention on drawing!






Today we went to Kids Planet with our Wednesday Outing Group and had lots of fun! Here is a picture of everyone, well, of all the kids! We had Duston and Jenna spend the night so they got to go with us. It was a little scary to be outnumbered 6 kids to 1 me in the van, but we made it!
After that, we headed home for lunch with some girls, well, they aren't girls anymore, but anyway, I used to babysit them. Madison (here she is with her Mom, Melanie) is a junior at Charleston Southern University (she was in an earlier blog about her golf team's accomplishments). Amanda met us and played at Kids Planet with her charge for the day, Taylor (isn't she cute?!) and is a junior at Clemson. It's amazing to think that I helped these girls get ready for dance recitals and now they are grown women. I feel really experienced...not old, experienced! Alot that I learned about parenting I learned from helping to raise them. We had a great time and I'm so proud of both of them!




One last thing before I get ready to meet my Marriott friends for dinner. Did you know that honeysuckle is a weed?!? I did not! How in the world could it be classified as a weed? It's pretty, it smells great and tastes wonderful!! Here is a picture of our state butterfly, which Reecie tells me is an Eastern Tiger Swallowtail, on our honeysuckle. I will not be cutting OUR honeysuckle down because it's not a weed to me!!


Make it a great rest of the week! I'll post again very soon, since Stephanie is bound and determined to be on my blah-blah-blog!!


Till then, I am Fondly Yours,


Jeanne


Queen of the Browns!!





No comments: