Friday, May 23, 2008

Things I Have Learned This Week

1. Logan likes ketchup as his dressing when we have salad with chicken on it. I guess the salad is just like a chicken sandwich all mixed up in a bowl, but I never thought of ketchup as a dressing, so see, I learned something!


2. Black snakes can crawl up trees. We had this one in the yard and after he laid there for a little bit so we could look at him, he went along his way across the road and right up a tree. I had no idea! Now I'll be worried about snakes falling on me out of the tree when I lay in the hammock all day!!


3. Logan has his own sense of style. I knew that. No learning there. The thing I learned is that it doesn't matter if other people don't like his style choices. Case in point, today's footwear selections. When I say selections I mean that he wore two different boots all day. He had on a left cowboy boot and a left rain boot. This is a battle I do not fight. Eating breakfast, I fight that battle. Clothes and shoes (or boots!), that his choice the majority of the time. Today did get a few smiles and cute comments, but we got a couple hard stares and disapproving glares and you know what? I didn't care!! He will grow up and care about matching soon enough.


4. I learned that one of my favorite things to do is dance to John Mayer in the kitchen with Rhett and Harry. Between the sound of Harry's beautiful laughs and Rhett's smiles, my face was lit up! I love dancing with all of my Boys! I need Mimi to teach me to shag, because one day I will want to dance with my Sons at their weddings and I want it to be a fun dance, not a slow, sweet, make-me-cry-dance so I need to learn how to shag!! (Rhett's sister, Meredith, teaches dance so I need to get started!)

5. I learned that Harry will eat almost anything you put in front of him! I started the whole table food thing timidly. I really wish he wanted baby food still, but, no. He will not eat watermelon or strawberries that well, but loves PB& J, cantaloupe, cucumbers, scrambled eggs, waffles, grilled chicken, chicken tenders, cheese, turkey, I could go on but will stop. Point of the story...I don't think he will be a picky eater! That's a good thing, but I still wish we were still eating baby food! Here is a picture with him covered in Peanut Butter and Jelly!

6. On Friday night I learned that Rhett is teaching Harry to walk behind my back. Not funny. He's doing really good with his balance (Harry, that is!) and with Rhett helping him, all of my knocking Harry down during the day is not going to hinder his learning process. I really wanted Harry to stay a Baby longer, but it seems everyone is working against me. Once he is walking really well, I will (begrudgingly) post a video. Don't get me wrong, I am very glad that he is growing so strong and healthy, but it's just happening so fast! I'm not ready for this!

7. The last thing I learned this week was this. If you play outside all day and Logi doesn't get to take a nap, there is no chance that you can put him in the car and drive him into Greenville for dinner and expect him to be awake to eat. We worked in the yard Saturday and came in and got showers around 6:30. We got to dinner, I carried him in, sat him down at the table and leaned him over on his bear, Bubba, and he slept the entire meal. He didn't wake up when we left, when we got home or when I put his jammers on him. But he did wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning! He's such a darling little monkey!!
So this week is our last week of school!!! Yea!...I think yea! We'll see how quickly the Boys get bored. Hopefully they can hang in there til at least the beginning of August before they complain!
Hope you had a great weekend!
Fondly,
Jeanne Brown
CHO for the Brown Family

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jeanne
Sorry I haven't gotten to respond to your bloggs. Sounds like you all are having a great summer!! We got to have lunch one dya so I can catch you up on the family stuff. Luv yall muss yall :)