Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Fun Day for the Browns!

What a great day! Here's what happened today, Wednesday, May 21, 2008.

Reece and I went on a Field Trip to FENCE in Tryon, NC. Here is the website http://www.fence.org/ . We hiked in the woods, sucked on some honeysuckle, fed snapping turtles and fish, explored the marsh and swamp and pretty much just had an amazing day outside! It was beautiful! At one point his class was playing Duck, Duck, Goose! and it was so refreshing to see him play with such abandonment! Recently he seems to have developed an outer "cool" shell and I've shared with friends that I'm not a huge fan of the attitude that comes with the shell. Today it was gone and I am happy! After we came home he and I picked sticks up in the backyard and I discovered 3 things:
1. Our backyard is too big! We need to fill up some of the yard and add on to the house. There is too much room for limbs to be scattered around!
2. Chloe has taken to digging holes in the red dirt and I am not happy about that...at all.
2. Reece hasn't grown up as fast as I thought he had. I loved being able to talk to him one on one while we worked together. It was nice.
Here are some pictures of our trip.
Here is his class....................Here he is being silly in the animal room.





This picture is of him on the boardwalk feeding the turtles and fish.

And this is Reece and our friend Katelyn after we ate lunch. We missed Katelyn's Mom, Nadine, who was planning to come but got sick at the last minute.

After the trip I stayed at school till it got out and got to do one of my very favorite things...start changing out a bulletin board! I mean it! If there was a job that simply entailed designing and constructing bulletin boards at school I would apply! I love it! I'm working on one for church right now too! Maybe I'll post a picture of it when I finish. ANYWHO...we left school and headed to Beba's to get the Babies. I really miss them on days we are apart. We loaded up and when we got home we got ready to go out to dinner for Harry's 1st Birthday!! Here come more pictures! He opened presents first...here he is wearing the AZ Diamond Backs hat my Mom and Marty sent for him. It came with a cute little baseball outfit! The it was time for cupcakes!! He wanted that 1 candle bad!! Then the mess came!! He's dressed in this picture, but when we left, he was a nekid baby!! Smart Mommy bought blank cupcakes at Bloom (I love that store!) and iced them with vanilla icing and sprinkles so #1 the sadistic frosting bakeries use wouldn't stain everything and #2 there wouldn't be NEAR as much sugar and lard in my children's systems! Thank you to Wendy for this wonderful tip!! We all had a great time celebrating and were so glad our friend Lindsay came with us. She was a real trooper when she held a conversation while helping Garett do a crossword puzzle before dinner. She's a great multitasker and will make a great Mom some day!! Here she is with Bug. Reece and Logan hammed it up for the camera, messy faces and all! Thank you Daddy for taking the pictures...once again, the man behind the lens didn't make it in front of it...we"ll get you next time!!
All in all it was a wonderful day as I sit here typing and listening to Baby Harry's sleeping noises, I am so thankful for him. A year ago at this time he was in NICU and we were praying that he'd be able to go home with us. Look at him now!! You'd never know that there was ever any doubt! I am so lucky to have my 4 Boys. I love them so very much and hope that one day they will know the love that fills a parents heart.
That is all for now since it's tomorrow already and past time for bed.
Sweet Dreams,
Jeanne







No comments: