Monday, May 19, 2008

I Refuse to Get Behind on Life!

Okay, I know you are all falling over from surprise, but here I am, updating, twice in 4 days! Compose yourself, it's not that exciting...


We had such a great weekend that I had to post pictures before I forgot. But I have to clear up something first. My Mother and "my friend" Dora were not the only 2 people who thought I could pass Statistics. Rhett Brown also had faith in me...he made sure I knew that this weekend after he read the blog. My apologies, Dear. I'm glad you knew I had the knowledge in me to pass!! One more thing and then I'll let this go-I thank Rhett for being a single Dad 3-4 nights a week for last semester. I could not have made it through the classes without you...and get ready, because it'll start all over again soon!!


I had a WONDERFUL birthday!! Thank you all for the calls, emails and wishes! I've told Rhett that there are 2 days that a mother should be celebrated (well there are more than 2-but they should DEFINITELY be celebrated on these 2) and that is Mother's Day and her Birthday. Pull out all the stops! Treat her like you should treat her every other day of the year! He and my Boys certainly did that! I did not cook, do laundry, or clean and I loved it!! Although it's like taking a vacation from work-my in box was always piled high. And so it is now! So here we go-I'm hurrying so I can go play catch up!


Here is Reece wearing my hat for me at lunch with Rhett's parents. I really did not want to wear it and while Rhett did get a quick picture of me with it on my head, this is a better picture because Reece is in it with me!


I got my first birthday cake from "my friend" Dora (I promise-from now on she'll just be Dora!). She made me a lemon jello cake that was AWESOME!! It was so thoughtful for her to make that for me and bring it by. She brought her son Conner and he and Harry had a good time talking and laughing at each other. Did I mention that the cake ROCKED!!? Just wanted to make sure! We celebrated Friday night at dinner too before Rhett headed off to Relay for Life to play with Pretzel Logic-don't ask me about the name-I forget where it came from. Anyway-it was cold! And LATE!! I bribed the Boys with ice cream and Oreos and the promise of a trip to Monkey Joes later on and it worked! I was glad when Rhett made it home safely at 3am.


Saturday we all spent the day together and went shopping (after we had all of the paint washed off and the confetti vacuumed out of the van!) and I got a couple Teacher gifts for the end of the year. Saturday night we had dinner with Missy and Andy Alling since their birthdays are in May too. There were about 18 people there I think and we had a great time! Here are the birthday girls! While I'm on the topic of Allings, I want to share the picture I took of their growth "chart". Remember, I talked about it earlier in a post. Here is one part of one side of it. The idea of having 8 children used to scare me, but now that I'm at 4 -what's 4 more?!! I'd love to have 2 more! Hey-I just read in People magazine (I know-don't lecture me on the pitfalls of society and the obsession with celebrities-I hardly ever read it) that the Duggar family is expecting child number 18! Number 17 is 9 months old. I've seen them on TLC. THAT'S a little much for me. Anyway-here is the picture! I love it! You can't see it too well, but you can see that there are lots of measurements! I love that!





Well, we did Mexican after church on Sunday with Rhett's parents (and I had my 2nd birthday cake!) and I took this picture of Harry-his birthday is Wednesday-can you believe it? I can't. Let's not talk about it...but here is a cute picture of him multitasking. He was drinking juice and playing with the balloon. I loved the picture, so here it is.



Sunday night Reece had been invited to see his friend Amaris in a musical at her church, so Garett and I went as well while Rhett stayed home with the Babies. Amaris did a great job! She has a beautiful singing voice! So sweet. Reece picked some flowers out for her and here is the picture I took afterwards. Good times for sure!!


So, this week holds a field trip for Reece and I to Tryon, NC. We are excited about that! Logi and Harry will spend that day with Beba and every afternoon will be filled with fun stuff so Garett will not be left out. The hammock has made it's debut for the season, so most likely instead of my lying on the sofa eating bon bons, I will spend the days out in the yard, swaying in the breeze...hmmm, I think 4 tons of laundry disagrees with me! One day off makes a huge difference in the schedule I try to keep!


Hope everyone has a great week and remembers to Pay it Forward if you can! Smile more than you have to---it's a great gift you can always give!

Until next time, I'm Fondly Yours,

Jeanne
CHO for the Brown Family

No comments: