Friday, April 25, 2008

A Few Thoughts I Didn't want to Get Lost in my Head

So, it's been a good week. My review nights for exams are finished and now all I have to do is take the exams next Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday is Anatomy and Physiology and Wednesday is Statistics, so pray for me for both exams, but REALLY pray for me for the Statistics night. I know many people have heard me say this, but if I can just make it through that class!! I will count it a major accomplishment in my life.



If I could, I'd like to make a statement as the President of the Rhett Brown Fan Club! He had to critique an outside speech for his class this week. He chose Martin Luther King Jr's "I Have a Dream" speech and totally rocked it. Ms. Trumbo said that he was the first student to do the speech justice. I am so proud of my husband. He rocks on so many levels! Tonight he has to give his final speech!



Okay, so yesterday while I was on the phone with Wendy, my disposal literally dropped out of the bottom of my kitchen sink! Sorry for the hasty goodbye, Wendy! I freaked! There was water pouring out of the cupboards under the sink and let me tell you, it was a mess, but the Boys helped me get towels and it's all good now. Rhett has a project for the weekend (and who doesn't like home improvement projects that HAVE to be done?!?) and I'll have a new disposal! In the middle of the mess, I took a bag full of drenched under-the-sink-stuff to the garbage cans and what do you know? I had something to smile about! The climbing rose by the cans is ready to burst open with blooms! I could have gotten frustrated about the mess and inconvenience, but you know what, it wouldn't have helped at all, so I just smiled, took a deep breath and went back in to finish cleaning up and getting dinner ready. Thank you God for climbing roses that make me stop and smile!



Last night when Garett Bug was going to bed , he asked me to lay with him "for just one minute". So I did. After he had said his prayers we had a conversation that went something like this:

"You know those flying squirrels?"



"Yes."



"They look like brown bats when they are flying".



"Really?"



"Yes."



"Did you talk about flying squirrels today?"



"No. I just thought about them."



Okay, Bug may look like Rhett, but his thought processes are so like mine! The thought about it and so we talked about it. I love it! Who else thought about flying squirrels and their resemblance to bats yesterday?



I promised a picture of Reece and his new smile so here it is! He's such an introverted child! Just kidding! He's had a great week at school!



Okay, so Logan and Harry are great and will get more attention in the blog next time. I've got to get ready for Drop-In-And-Play with Ms. Pat at Reece and Garett's school. I can take the Babies up there one Friday a month and do crafts and activities and play and hang out with other Moms! I love it!

I hope that everyone has a great weekend! Be thankful for your kitchen disposals, blooming flower and children who tell you what is on their minds!



Until next time, I'm Fondly Yours,



Jeanne
Queen of the Brown Clan

1 comment:

ML said...

Yeah! WOW! Yeah! WOW! Aaah! You should think about becoming a writing nurse. We so enjoy your blogs.
Love to all, Mom