Monday, October 22, 2007

So Maybe I'll Send This One


So...I started this blog to preserve our goings on for future generations, but have yet to let anyone see it. If you're reading this, then I guess I got brave and sent it out!


What's going on in our lives? Well, Reece and Garett are loving school, 2nd grade and K-5 respectively, Rhett is happy for the cooler weather of fall (but not looking forward to winter : ) ), Logan and Harry seem to enjoy chillin' with Mommy and Mommy is having a FANTASTIC time trying to keep a hold on everyone! Really! I am! I love taking the "big" boys to school and "staying home" with the babies. Logan looks forward to picking Reece and Garett up in the afternoons and knows their teachers' names and talks about Wellford Elementary like it's his school!


Rhett is enjoying his English class at Greenville Tech 2 nights a week and is SO blowing me away in the great grades department! His tests have all been super and he got a 98 on his first paper! He's talking this school thing very seriously and I think it's great for the boys to see him so hard at work on it. I'm totally the President of the Rhett Brown Fan Club!


My class is going well too-I'm taking a speech class online and doing okay. I have my third speech to present in November and this will be my best. We have to persuade our audience to believe the way we do on something. We were supposed to pick something that we are passionate about and since I'm sure the class doesn't want to hear me go on about my family, Rhett suggested I speak on IVF. In-Vitro Fertilization. Many people believe that children should be adopted instead of spending money on IVF to have a child. I strongly disagree. If Rhett and I had believed that, Reece would not be here today. If you don't know the story and want to, just let me know. I won't bore those who know about our miracle, besides, I haven't written my speech yet to win everyone over to my side!


This is "Red Ribbon Week" for Reece and Garett so they are wearing red tomorrow, their sunglasses on Wednesday and having a "sock hop" on Thursday to celebrate saying NO to drugs. This was Reece's list of drugs this morning on the way to school: cigarettes, cigars and beer. At what point do you list all of the other ones? Do you scare him to death now or wait until 3rd grade to try to explain everything? I guess we need to do it now-otherwise, when he's offered pot (and I pray to God he's not offered ANYTHING), will he know it's a drug? I'm told that you can't start talking about drugs too early, but how do you put it on a kindergartner's and first grader's level? Parenting gets harder every day, but it's the challenge I love and we'll just all learn together!


Okay, a few last thoughts:

When Garett thanks God for the "loveness you give us" it truly melts my heart.

Logan's bug eyed, long face look is priceless. (See picture above)

Reece is getting some big ol' corn getters in in the front of his mouth.

Harry loves it when Garett reads "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See " to him. An I mean LOVES-like big belly laughs love!

As Rhett and I discussed after a dinner time filled with what seemed like dysfunctionality to me tonight, I wouldn't want the Stepford children, so I'll love mine, craziness and all!

7 comments:

Jeff said...

yay! More pictures!! :-)

Alison said...

You are such a great mom. You inspire me so much! What a wonderful gift of family that God has given you. Thanks for sharing, I would love to hear more about Reece's conception!

I love you,
Alison

Regina said...

thank you so much for including me! I already know that you are a GREAT mom who loves her boys sooo much. I never tire of hearing things that Garett and Reece have said and done. I praise God for the stand that you and Rhett have taken and bringing the boys up in a loving Christian home! love you all, Regina

amanda, cory and mb said...

Wow! Sounds like you all are keeping busy. We miss you and are really excited you are in school. Where did that come from? You are in our prayers and thoughts all the time. Thanks for keeping us up to date with your family life!! Hope to see or talk soon, Amanda, Cory and Molly-Breeze

kmarlin said...

At-home-mom is the greatest job on earth. Their is no compensation more generous than the messes, smiles,booboo kisses and "bugeyes" we get throughout the day. Thankyou for reminding me how lucky we are! You've inspired me to document the same way.Miss you lots, Kris

Kent said...

add me to the reader list, and wow. send some of these blog readers over to my blog. mine's a little slow right now.

Jen said...

Jeanne,
So fun....I am embarrassed for me that Reece was able to stay up for the eclipse. I wanted to but fell asleep! I need some extra energy.The pic of Sherry with the babies was great to see. Miss you, thanks for the updates!