Friday, February 22, 2008

I'm Staying on Top of Things!!

One week! Can you believe it! I only let a week pass before posting...much better than the 2 MONTHS I waited before! I read in a blog somewhere this week that daily postings are good. There is no way I could get that done! :o)


What a fun week we've had! Last weekend was jam packed with fun when Reece's (and Garett's) friend Brayden spent the night Friday. We ventured to Spartanburg to eat at the Mellow Mushroom (it opened in December) and loved it! We got a few hard stares with us bringing in 5 children, but they were all very well behaved...I was pleasantly surprised! We have eaten at the one in Charleston lots and I've eaten at the one in Greenville, but the people at this one were unbelievably nice!


Saturday was the Boys' last basketball game and so Garett's teacher, Mrs. Deal, and her husband came to watch the game so that was special! They won and ended the season with 1 loss and 8 wins! Yea! I think we are going to take a season (or two) off and maybe start soccer in the fall.


Sunday we started celebrating Logan's 3rd Birthday! We had lunch with my Dad and Rhett's parents and sister and her husband and Logan loved the attention!! He was decked out in true 3 year old fashion with his overalls, Birthday King Crown and rainboots! He loves boots! If he's not wearing his cowboy boots then he's wearing rainboots--and sometimes he doesn't even want the boots to match---I don't fight those battles. I'll let him win those and I'll stand firm on things that matter! But I digress, we had a great time at chips and cheese (Mexican) and he has started acting older already. One night while I was at school he told Rhett that he was a "big boy" now and that "You don't tell me what to do!" Rhett cleared that disagreement up really quick! Monday was Logan's actual birthday so the two of us made cookies and went to visit our friends at the Marriott to spread good cheer. Here is a picture of the Babies and "Aunt" Sherry. Logan loves to go around and stick his head in everyone's office. All in all I think he had a great birthday.








Did everyone watch the lunar eclipse Wednesday night?! That was exciting! Garett was in bed, but Reece stayed up to see it. Here is the best picture we got of it. I think this was about 20 minutes before the moon was fully eclipsed. I like lunar eclipses, but solar eclipses freak me out...I don't like those so much...am I strange for that?




Guess what else happened Wednesday!?! Harry got his first tooth!! Yea! Thursday the second one broke through so we are well on our way to solid food! I'm ready for another baby! Just kidding...no, I'm not kidding.

This weekend is going to be fun for everyone. Reece is going home with Duston and we won't see him for 2 nights. The Bass Master Convention (?) is in town at the Bi-Lo Center and Carolina First Center (I liked those better when they were Memorial Auditorium and The Palmetto Expo Center) and so they have a weekend full of fish planned out. Garett and Rhett had lunch today and then went to the movies so their weekend started early. I had Cadence and Toby with me this morning til school got out and so I took 4 children to Drop in and Play at the Boys' school with Ms. Pat. We had a great time and Missy got to go on a field trip to Roper Mountain Science Center with Gavin. Here are Harry and Toby sharing lunch!


Cadence came over and "cheesed" for me after I took the babies' picture so here he is too! Logi had fallen asleep so he didn't get to be in this picture.


So let's see, next big thing we have coming up is flying out to Arizona to see my Mom and Marty for Spring Break. It's hard to believe that it'll be here before we know it! The Big Boys love flying, but Logan and Harry will soon learn to love it (we hope!). We are all excited and can't wait! An added bonus is that our great friends Kris and Eric Marlin just moved to Phoenix (where my Mom is) and so we will get to see them while we are there. I'm glad they moved there because I didn't see traveling to Nebraska to see them! That's where they moved from. So, I guess this week I'll start getting the packing lists together.


That's all for now I suppose. I hope everyone has a great week and keeps healthy--wash your hands-the flu bug is running rampant! Thanks for caring about The Browns and remember to choose Joy each and every day!!
Until Next Time,
Jeanne
CHO

1 comment:

ML said...

Hi Jeanne & males (can't call Rhett a boy) - thanks for the update - you need to brag about your school grades (& Rhett's, too)! And I just asked about Harry's 1st tooth! So looking forward to seeing you all in 35 days!
Love, M&M