Wednesday, December 12, 2007

It's a Sunny Day in Our Lives!

For those of you who are not in the Greenville/Greer area this week, let me tell you something. This weeks weather has been INSANE!! I've attached a video of the Boys playing outside yesterday afternoon.

The temperatures have been in the high 70s with 80 being the high yesterday. It's unbelievable! Except, we're living in it, so it is believable I guess. Anyway, we love it! I'm able to wear flops again and Baby Harry loves not having to be all bundled up when we go outside! It's nice for now, but with Christmas less than 2 weeks away, I'll be ready for the cold (and turtlenecks, right Annie B!?) when the weather turns normal this weekend.


Before I forget, I have a friend (well, I guess he's my friend-he's really Rhett's friend and my Boys' playmate!) who has an awesome blog so I want to give him a shout out! Check it out here: http://kentbateman.blogspot.com/ . It's very thought provoking. One thing that I have learned about blogging is that if you read someone's blog and agree (or disagree) about something that is written, let the author know! Let then know if you like reading it! Let them know that there are people out there reading it! I love it when you email me and comment on my goings on (is that a word?!) or comment directly on the blog. I feel validated!!


Okay, so it's Wednesday and I have decided to make it WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY! Here are 5 wonderful things happening in the Brown Family right now.


1. Reece and Garett are on the same basketball team with church and loving it! They have won their first 2 games! Hootie Hootie!! Let me know if you want to come to a game and I'll give you the schedule!


2. My kitchen is coming into the final stretch of being re-done. Once we are finished anyone who wants to come over for dinner is welcome! I love my new stove/oven and can hold so much more food in the fridge now! BIG hugs to Rhett for all of his hard work reconfiguring my cabinets so the microwave will be up and out of the way!


3. Logan LOVES acorns! And I don't mean just a little bit! I have them all over my house! We can't walk barefoot because he drops them and then I can't find all of them till I step on one. I find them in every load of laundry because he puts them in every treasure pocket he has. This is much cleaner than the rock phase since those were covered in dirt!


4. It's only 13 days til Christmas!! I love Christmas! The lights, the songs, the hot chocolate, the craziness...it's all so much fun! It's awesome to talk about the reason we celebrate Christmas with the Boys too. Garett is full of questions about God and how we know that Jesus is beside us all day. I think that this year the Christmas Story will have new meaning to him. What an exciting time!


5. Finally, I am happy to report that my Speech class is over! I gave my final speech last Friday night (and received a 100!) and took my final test on Monday and if my calculations are correct, I ended up with a B. That's great for me since #1-I hated school before and still wonder why I have gone back and #2-Most of you know that I love to talk, I just hated having to plan what I was going to talk about! I'm a fly by the seat of your pants kind of girl so there you go! A B is awesome! Now I am looking at taking 2 classes beginning in January and possibly auditing Rhett's math class before I take my only math class left.


Okay, that's all for now since a Mom's work is never done! I think I'll put a load of laundry in, eat some bon-bons and take a nap on the couch! Just kidding-I'm skipping the laundry part! This last part was purely for Rhett's benefit!


Have a great rest of the week and remember to let me know you're out there!


Till next time, I'm fondly yours,


Jeanne


CHO for the Brown Family


P.S. I'm sorry, I didn't mention Harry in my 5 wonderfuls. He's doing great (did you hear him laughing when Reece was swinging?! That's priceless!) and has moved up to his big boy car seat.

OK. Now I'm finished. (People finish, turkeys are done. I learned that in Speech from Ms. Trumbo!)

6 comments:

Jaime said...

Hey Jeanne!

Just wanted to let you know I enjoy reading this! It encourages me to write down my family's adventures. How wonderful it will be for the boys to look back at this one day! Keep up the good work!

Love,
Jaime

Mrs. Hollifield said...

Congratulations on your speech grade! You should be proud. I loved the story about adopt/adapt. Isn't it funny how small moments like that can be so significant? We need to get together soon for a cup of coffee or a plate of ribs! HA!

ML said...

Hi Jeanne - I finally found my Google log-in so I can post a comment to your blog. The video is great, you and the family are great, wonderful, etc, etc and I'm so proud of all of you. Before school starts again, isn't time for a "Christmas/New Year's happened" blog? :).
Love, Mom

The Brighter Side of Things said...

Hey Jeanne,

I just realized you had a blog today. I can't wait to see some of the stuff you share with us about the family.

beba said...

Hey,
Finally got a chance to read E-mails. Looking at yours added to my day. Just this morning I was drinking my coffee and decided to watch our Charleston trip DVD. I felt like I was there seeing it all again. Watching the boys and reading your blog was great--made me very HAPPY!
Love, Beba 1/08/08

The Rackroom Crew said...

Jeanne,
I love reading your BLOG, and you haven't posted in a while. I hope everything is OK in the Brown Family. I just wanted you to know that some readers are waiting anxiously for ou next post....

Ashley Ford